Monday, March 10, 2014


"Chopping Block"
Concentration 2

This is a part of my AP art concentration. This is my Grandmother, her name is Jackie. When she was a kid my Gma and her sister went out to chop some wood in the back yard and they were both fighting over who got to chop it, and so my Grandmother being stubborn as she is put her foot up on the block to stop her sister from chopping the wood and in turn, she chopped her pinky toe off! This is something that makes my Grandmother very unique and it makes for a great story. I struggled with the lighting for this photograph because at her house everything is either over exposed or under exposed. Finally i got a few good shots on her back porch. I really love how the darkness of the ground contrasts the coloring of her feet but also brings out the wrinkles and all the dry skin and what not. I think it really helps to tell that it is an elderly woman and she has clearly been through a lifetime of challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment