Friday, October 25, 2013

"The Pit"
Acrylic Paint on Canvas

This piece is inspired by the Passion Pit concert which i attended over the summer. I absolutely love passion pit they have been my favorite band since middle school. I bought tickets for the general admission pit and got to go right up to the stage and it was such a glorious concert and possibly the best night of my summer. I really wanted to channel the theme of the band and the colors of the concert lights. This painting is loosely based off of their first ep "Chunk of Change" whos album artwork is below.

Chunk of Change album artwork

Passion pit always sings about the struggles of life and how its not perfect which is what i believe my artwork has really showed. I wanted to show how much energy and color the concert had. Im verry happy with how the piece turned out and i hope that one day i can show the band what i made. I also hope to attend more concerts in the future seeing as it was such an amazing experience and great memory for me to visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment