Friday, October 25, 2013

"Untitled"
Breadth 1
Acrylic Paint on Canvas

         This was a piece that i started before the semester began, i wasnt sure what i wanted to do for my portfolio projects. As i started to paint i wanted to do something with bright colors that stand out against each other. I also wanted to do something with a lot of movement. There was no real action or plan to this project i just wanted to paint what came to me. With this project I really discovered my painting style. I love to put a lot of texture in and use a lot of different shades of the same color to get the desired effect. This painting was loosely based off of the "money tree" my parents received when they started their business. It has the same shape as the braid in the painting. This painting really was an eye opener for me in my art style as well. I like more non-objectional type of things rather than realistic. I learned that i cant compare my artwork to someone else who does a realistic style. 


No comments:

Post a Comment